Vegetable Shepherds Pie
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 150 g mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 400 g pulses
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 kg potatoes- sweet or white
- Add oil to pan, add the chopped leek. Fry until they soften. Add chopped carrots, chopped mushrooms, and garlic.
- Add any fresh herbs, Pulses and stock. Bring the mixture to boil then lower to reduce the liquid quantity.
- Preheat the oven to 200/180/ or Gas 6.
- Boil the peeled potatoes until tender. Drain. Add milk and butter to mash until smooth.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce to vegetable mix. Season well.
- Transfer the vegetables to an ovenproof dish. Spread the potato mash over evenly. Bake in the oven for 18-20 mins until golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!