- 500 g shredded cooked turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- bunch fresh parsley or 2 tblsp dried parsley
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 stock cube
- 150 g basmati rice
- 50 g frozen peas
- 100 g sweetcorn
- Peel the onion and finely slice with the garlic, then peel and halve the carrot lengthways and finely slice at an angle. Pick the parsley leaves and put aside, then finely chop the stalks. Drain the chickpeas.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large, wide, non-stick pan on a medium heat. Add the chopped vegetables and parsley stalks, along with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then cook gently with the lid on for 10 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Pour 300ml of water into a small pot, then add the stock concentrate and bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
- When the vegetables have softened, add the turmeric. Then add the rice.
- Add the shredded turkey and pour in the hot stock. Bring to the boil, simmer for 2 minutes, then cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce the heat down to medium-low and cook for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Turn off the heat and leave the pan to one side, with the lid on.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork, then divide between plates. Sprinkle the pepitas over the pilaf, then finely chop and scatter over the parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!