Turkey Crown with all the Trimmings
- Roasting Tin
- Sauce Pan/Steamer
- 1 Turkey Crown
- 250 g Butter
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Ground Peppercorn
- 1 Packet of Stuffing
- 900 g Potatoes
- 3 Parsnips
- 8 Pigs in Blankets
- 1 Bread Sauce Packet
- 300 ml Milk
- 4 Carrots
- 250 g Greens/ Sprouts
- Pre-heat oven to 190C/ 180C Fan/ Gas Mark 5. Smear butter all over the turkey crown and season with salt and pepper.
- Put turkey in the roasting tin, skin side up. Roast for 70 minutes plus 20 minutes per kilogram or until the internal temperature reaches 65C-70C.
- Add pig in blankets around the turkey 20 minutes before you take the turkey out.
- The turkey is cooked when the juices run clear. Remove turkey from the oven and leave to rest in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Make up stuffing by following packet instructions and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Steam the potatoes and then roast them. They can be roasted with the parsnips if the parsnips have been cut to similar size.
- Steam the sprouts/greens and carrots.
- Used the vegetable water and the juices from the meat and add gravy granules to create the gravy.
- Create the bread sauce by following instructions on the packet.
- Serve all when piping hot and enjoy.
Timing is of the essence with a Christmas dinner. Allow sufficient time to cook and enjoy your day. A lot of preparation can be done the day before.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!