Spinach, Chickpea and Potato Curry
- 1 Onion
- Thumb-sized Piece, Ginger, Chopped
- 1 Chilli
- 1 tsp Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 400 g Potatoes
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tin Chickpeas
- 100 g Spinach
- ½ Lemon, Juiced
- Blend onion, ginger, chilli and 2 tbsp of water until completely smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan, carefully add the puree and cook for 10 minutes until reduced and golden.
- Add the spices and cook for 2 minutes. add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Season and add the potatoes and chickpeas along with ½ tin worth of water and simmer for 30 minutes until thickened and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the spinach and cook for few minutes to wilt. Stir in the lemon and garam masala and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!