Southern green beans and new potatoes
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 500g washed and quartered new potatoes
- 500g beans
- 6 rashers bacon
- Top and tail the beans then halve them.
- Place the potatoes in a large pan and boil them until half cooked - 10 minutes
- Drain and add beans to them and cover with a lid.
- Fry off the chopped onions and chopped bacon lightly.
- When the onions are transparent add them to the pan of green beans and potatoes.
- Place on a low heat with a lid on until the green beans are cooked but not over cooked. Add some stock if its needed to stop it sticking. Season with salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!