Sausages and braised pulses with kale
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 8 sausages
- 3 streaky bacon rashers
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin pulses- cannelloni beans/lentils
- 750 ml stock
- 100 g kale
- Brown the sausages in a pan. Remove onto a plate. Fry off bacon until it is crisp.
- Add onion, a pinch of salt, garlic and cook until softened. Add more oil if necessary.
- Stir in tomato puree and stock. Heat and allow to reduce down by half. Add the drained pulses and tinned tomatoes. Add the sausages back into the pan and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the washed and chopped [stalks removed] kale. Add more stock if needed. Cook for another 10 mins.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and any other vegetables needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!