Roasted Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- 500 g Sweet Potatoes
- 300 g Carrots
- 2 Onions
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Litre Vegetable Stock
- Heat oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas Mark 7. Place peeled and cubed sweet potatoes and carrots on a large roasting tin and drizzle with oil and plenty of seasoning.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until tender and caramelised.
- Meanwhile fry the finely chopped onions in a deep saucepan over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves and stir for 1 minute. Then add the stock. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the onions are very soft then set aside.
- Once the roasted vegetables have done and cooled a little transfer them to the saucepan and blend all the ingredients till smooth. Season and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!