Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Loaf Tin
- 175 g Butter
- 175 g Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 175 g Self-Raising Flour
- Rind of 1 Lemon
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2-3 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C Fan/ Gas 3. Then grease and line 1kg loaf tin.
- Mix together butter and sugar until it pale and creamy. Beat eggs in a different bowl. Start adding them to the butter sugar mixture and if the mix starts to curdle add some flour.
- Sift the flour into the mix and add the lemon rind folding. Then add milk and lemon juice.
- Gently spoon the mix into the loaf tin and bake for 55-60 minutes. It is cooked when a skewer comes out clean. Put to the side and make glaze.
- Mix the lemon juice with sifted icing sugar add more or less depending on the consistency. Prick cake and when still warm pour over the glaze. Serve once cooled down. Keeps for 4 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!