Homemade Meatballs and Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion
- 400 g Tin of Tomatoes
- 500 ml Stock
- 400 g Dried Spaghetti
- 400 g Mince Meat
- 1 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Dried Herbs
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook gently without browning for 4-5 minutes or until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic, continue to cook for 2 minutes until aromatic, then add dried herbs, tomatoes and stock. Simmer gently while you make the meatballs.
- For the meatballs, mix together the beef, garlic and herbs along with a decent pinch of salt and pepper. With wet hands shape into 20 balls.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add oil. Once hot, fry the meatballs on all sides until nicely coloured being careful not to burn them. It may need to be done in batches. Then add to sauce. Continue to simmer while the spaghetti is being cooked.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil with a pinch of salt and cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions. Once cooked drain the spaghetti and tip into the saucepan with the sauce. Mix well and serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!