Hairy Bikers' Sausage and Bean Casserole
- Frying Pan
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 8 Sausages
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Onions
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 400 g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 300 ml Stock
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 400 g Tin of Butter Beans
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and fry the sausages gently for 10 minutes, turning every now and and then until nicely browned all over. Transfer to a the saucepan or casserole dish and set aside.
- Fry onions over a medium heat for 5 minutes till they start to soften, stirring often. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until onions turn pale and golden brown.
- Sprinkle the chilli powder and cook together for a few seconds longer. Then stir in the tomatoes, stock, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Tip the tomato mixture carefully into the pan with sausages and return to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan loosely with a lid and leave to simmer very gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir the beans into the casserole and continue to cook for 10 minutes till the sauce is thick.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!