Gammon, Leek and Bean Casserole with Potatoes
- 25 g Butter
- 2 Leeks
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tbsp Dried Herbs
- 400 ml of Stock
- 1 Tin of Drained Butterbeans
- 8 Potatoes
- 1 Piece of Celery
- Place the joint in a pan with enough water to cover the gammon, cover with the lid and bring to a boil and then simmer for an hour and 20 minutes. Skim surface with slotted spoon to remove any scum.
- Melt the butter and add sliced leeks, celery and carrots, cook for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Add chopped garlic cloves and the dried herbs of your choice. then add stock and butterbeans and allow to simmer gently.
- When the gammon has cooked break all or some of it down with a fork into a flake and add to the casserole. Taste and season, add chopped parsley. Serve with boiled or buttered mashed potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!