- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or margarine
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 tspn salt
- 6 large eggs
- 225 ml double cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 150 g cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add chopped onions and sweat until translucent.
- Add washed and trimmed broccoli, 1/4 tsp salt and 1tbspn water. Cook until broccoli is tender and water has evaporated.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs with the cream, rest of salt, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- Spread broccoli and onions onto a greased pie dish and sprinkle with grated cheese. Pour over egg mix.
- Bake in an oven at 350f/160c for 1 hour until fully set. allow to cool slightly before eating to ensure it is set.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!