Chilli Con Carne
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 500 g Mince
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Can of Crush Tomatoes
- 1 Tin of Kidney Beans
- 2 Stock Cubes
- 400 ml Water
- 1 Chilli Mix
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute, then add capsicum and cook for 2 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Turn heat up to high and add mince. Cook, breaking it up as you go, until mostly browned.
- Add Chili Spice Mix. Cook until mince is browned all over. (This step helps release extra flavour from the spices)
- Add remaining ingredients, with 1/2 of water for Quick Cook or 3/4 of the water for Slow Cook. Bring to simmer, then adjust heat per step below:
- Quick Cook - 20 to 40 minutes, uncovered, on medium low heat so it's bubbling gently; ORSlow Cook - 1.5 hours to 2 hours, covered, on low heat so it's bubbling very gently.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!