Chicken/Turkey, Leek and Mushroom Pie
- 500 g Chicken or Turkey (diced)
- 150 g Mushrooms
- 15 g Butter
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 300 ml Milk
- 1 Stock Cube
- 1 Pack of Puff-Pastry
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7). Heat oil in a frying pan and brown the turkey/chicken. Add the leeks, mushrooms and fry for about 10 mins until softened and slightly caramelised.
- Meanwhile. make a white sauce: melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the flour, stirring well with a wooden spoon to make a paste. Cook for 1 min. Pour over the milk a little at a time, whisking continually until you have a thick sauce. Crumble in the stock cube and season with pepper to taste.
- Mix the turkey/chicken mixture with the sauce and pour filling into a deep pie dish. Grease the edges of the pie dish with a little butter. Roll out the pastry and transfer to the pie dish to make a lid. Trim the pastry from around the edges and press down to seal.
- Brush milk or egg over the pastry to glaze it. Prick it with a fork and place in the oven at 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7) for 15-20 mins. The pastry should be risen and golden brown when you take it out.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!