Chicken Tikka and Rice
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 12 g Butter
- 2 Onions
- 3 tbsp Chicken Tikka Masala Spice Mix
- 1 Pepper
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 Tin of Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Tin of Coconut Milk
- Heat the oil and butter in a large lidded pan on the hob, then add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook on low for 15-20 minutes until soft and golden.
- Add the tikka masala paste/spices and pepper, then cook for 5 minutes more to cook out the rawness of the spices.
- Add chopped chicken breasts and stir well to coat in the spices. Cook for 2minutes, then tip in the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and 100ml of water (adding more if too dry). Cover with a lid and gently simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the lid and add the cocnut water then gently warm through. Season and serve with cooked rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!