- 4 Pieces Chicken
- Spice Mix
- 8 Wraps
- 1 Onion
- 3 Spring Onions
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Pepper
- 100 g Cheese
- 200 g Rice
- Poach the chicken meat pieces in a pan of simmering water, until tender. (This will take up to 20minutes) . Cook the rice – according to the pack instructions. Once drained of water, fluff up with a fork and add freshly chopped coriander and the juice of a lime. Keep hot.
- Remove the meat from the pan once it is thoroughly cooked and with 2 forks, gently shred the chicken meat into pieces. Add the packet of spices and a tablespoon of the pan water to the shredded meat and mix well. (If too dry, add a little more pan water or a squirt of tomato ketchup if you have any). Keep hot whilst you prepare the rest of the burrito ingredients.
- Peel an onion, the spring onions and 2 cloves of garlic and fry gently in a pan with a little oil or butter. Chop the peppers into thin strips and add to the pan. Stir all in together and remove from heat once onion is transparent.
- Chop up some of the slices of cheddar cheese into small pieces for adding to the rest of the burrito as you make it up.
- Place packet of Flour tortillas into microwave oven and “blast” for no more than 10 seconds – this helps them to be flexible and roll easily. Finally, place tortilla onto a plate and load with rice first, then meat and veg and finally the cheese, roll, eat, enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!