Braised leek fettuccine
- 3 leeks
- 1 bulb garlic
- sprigs fresh herbs
- 2 bay leaves
- 175 ml white wine or vegetable stock
- 150 g dried pasta
- 1 tsp grated parmesan
- Trim the leeks. Cut in half lengthways and wash thoroughly.
- Cut the garlic bulb in half sitting through the cloves.Heat little oil in saucepan. cook the leeks and garlic flat side down for a couple of minutes each side.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the wine or stock. Add a little water until the leeks are covered. Add the herbs and a knob of butter. Season.
- Let it reduce down then cover with a lid. Cook for 30 minutes until the leeks are soft and can be pulled apart.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions. Mix all the ingredients together. adding little of the pasta water if necessary. Plate up and add grated cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!