- 225 g Self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- 75 g Butter/Margarine
- 2 Beaten eggs
- 450 g Ripe mashed bananas
- 100 g Walnuts
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix together the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- Cream the butter, sugar in another bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and flour alternately a little at a time.
- Stir in the bananas and chopped walnuts.
- Pour into a prepared loaf tin. Cook for about 11/4 hours until the sponge bounces back when pressed gently or use a skewer to test that it is cooked through. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!