- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chilli
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 600 g chopped tomatoes/passata mix
- 400 g Pasta
- 40 g Parmesan shavings
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the chilli and garlic to the pan. After about a minute, add the basil leaves and gently wilt them in the flavoured oil.
- Remove the garlic, basil and chilli from the pan and set aside. Add the chopped tomatoes to the frying pan.
- Put the garlic, basil and chilli back in the pan with the tomatoes. Simmer for at least 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened a little. Add salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta for a few minutes in large saucepan of boiling, salted water with a dash of olive oil. Drain the pasta and the tomato sauce to it. Serve with shavings of parmesan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!