- 1 whole chicken
- i whole garlic clove
- 1 tbsp herbs- thyme or crushed bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper
- 85 g butter
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- Remove the cloves of garlic from their skins and crush using a garlic press. Place in a small bowl with the butter and season with salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- Put the chicken into a small roasting tin. Spread the garlic butter over the bird. Add some bacon over the top if you have it.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, basting from time to time in the buttery juices, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Use the juices for a gravy base.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!