Sautéed Brussel Sprouts, Bacon and Onion with Mustard Mash Potato
- Large Pot
- Large Sauce Pan
- 16 Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Onion
- 1 Pack of Bacon or Bacon Lardons
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 8-10 Potatoes
- 25 g Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Mustard
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. If sprout are very small, cut in half, otherwise cut into quarters. Cook the sprouts until barely tender, 3-4 minutes, then drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring, until brown. Place on the paper towel to get excess fat off.
- Pour out bacon fat from the pan except about 1 tablespoon.
- Add onion to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes stirring often. Stir in thyme and any fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add the brussels sprouts and cook, tossing and stirring occasionally, until tender and warmed through, it takes about 3 minutes. Add bacon and lemon juice, if using, and toss.
Mustard Mash Potato
- Tip peal potatoes into a large saucepan, cover with boiling water.
- Once cooked drain potatoes and leave them to stream dry before putting them back in the pan.
- Add the butter, milk and mustard, add more or less milk depending on the consistency you want. Season well and mash thoroughly until creamy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!